I learned a hell of a lot about Alexander Mogilny from the back of his 1990-91 Pro Set card.
- His nickname was “Magic.” I never heard this one again.
- He had a roller-coaster rookie season in Buffalo after scoring on his first shift.
- He had to miss several games because of a fear of flying. You might have picked the wrong business, kid.
- He won a gold medal at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary.
- He loves the North American lifestyle, especially fast cars. Shocking.
That’s a lot to digest all at once. I could have completely skipped school that year and just read hockey cards. Well done, Pro Set.
This remains one of my all-time favourite, albeit completely worthless, sets.